If you’re always on the go and love to listen to music along the way, then around the neck headphones are the best alternatives for you. Slinging a neckband headphone around the neck happens to be the handiest way to carry your headphones outside.
So, if you don’t yet own a pair of around-the-neck headphones, we highly recommend you to get one. To help you in your errand, we’ve got you a handpicked list of the top alternatives of 2021 down below. Check them to find your favorite one.
You might want to check this out Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100 Review
Best Around The Neck Headphones in 2022
9. Sony Behind-the-Neck Active Sports Headphones
There’s nothing to brag about the brand, Sony! Its superb quality and durability are globally recognized. This model is no exception; packing drivers of 30mm diameter ensures a wide dynamic range, deep bass, and low distortion to enhance your listening experience.
You might also like: Waterproof Neckbands
8. Stylish ESD6001B Neckband Stereo Sport Headphones
Don’t have time to charge your headphones? No worries, this model is here for your rescue. With a maximum charge of 10 minutes, it can run five hours non-stop. Additionally, this model featuring a unique ENC (Environmental Noise Cancellation) technology and CVC-8.0 microphone will give a translucent phone call experience.
7. LG TONE (Hbs-830) Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Neckband
Opt for this model when you’re looking to have long playtime without having to charge your headphones frequently. This model offers 15 hours of nonstop playtime and 15 days of standby time. Aside from this, it also hoards some amazing features that made it one of the best-selling around the neck headphones of today.
Try reading: Bluetooth Neckband
6. Oraolo M110 Bluetooth & Wireless Neckband
It always happens that due to having headphones hooked on your ears, you miss hearing an alarm, ringtone, or what others asked you to. If you don’t want these inconveniences to happen to you anymore, then for you this model is the best way to go. Just dangle it around your shoulder and enjoy the true immersive audio experience.
5. 1MORE Triple Driver Neckband Earphones
Typically around the neck headphones are compact and unyielding, but thanks to 1MORE engineer for creating such a unique foldable model. So, in case if you’re rooting for a model flexible enough to fit into your pocket, then this amazing model is here for your attention.
You might be also like: Neckband Headphones
4. LG Tone HBS-SL5 Wireless Bluetooth Neckband
If you’re heading on an adventure, then you must need a secure and break-proof model that also offers long playtime. This model is here to serve you with exactly those qualities. In addition to its weather-resistance quality, its exterior is strong enough to withstand even hard-hitting without losing its quality.
3. LG Tone HBS-XL7 Stereo Neckband Ear-buds
This super classy model is going to entice you if you do not like to pull out your phone now and then. Because this model is designed to operate half of your mobile tasks from receiving a call to checking time. Besides, Google Assistant is very active and will answer your questions and translate the answer into many languages in just one tap.
2. Samsung In-ear Flexible Around the neck Headphones
If you happen to be a Samsung fan then here’s a recommendation for you. This U Flex model is going to leave you in awe of it. It’s quite versatile with its foldable design, brilliant wireless range, and excellent battery life. Its packing high-end sound quality offers an uninterrupted and crystal-clear audio experience.
1. Sony WI-1000XM2 Ear Headset
Our number one recommendation is again from the leading brand, Sony. Its futuristic design allows a flexible and comfortable slinging around your neck experience. Besides, hoarding the QN1 noise-canceling processor and integrating Alexa and Google Assistant takes your headphone experience to another level.
Check out more about: LG Tone Infinim-HBS-900 Review
Behind The Neck Headphones
Behind the neck headphones, also known as the neckband or around-neck-neck headphones. They are universal and stylish types of headphones that are designed in a support band that wraps around the back of your neck like a collar. Behind the neck-headphones can be put on in a range of situations. It can be in offices or while relaxing at home, amongst many others.
Why Behind the Neck Wearing Style?
Behind the neck-headphones will not only give you a stylish appearance: they are made of a superior in quality battery life, light in weight earpieces plus a featured noise cancellation. All the electronics you may need for Bluetooth stable connectivity may be available within your collar rather than in the earpieces; you can enjoy quality time in between the charges and also a lighter and more satisfying experience.
The two earbuds are attached to the neckband, which covers the internal constituents. It enables the earbuds to suspend freely in a retractable manner such that when they are not in use, you can be able to store them neatly. This will lessen the probability of losing your earbuds and its quality of sound.
Several big-name audio products have adopted on the neckband style, so there are a variety of options that can be suitable for everybody, i.e., from the commuters to fitness enthusiasts. The best pick brand types of he neckband headphones include Sennheiser momentum in-Ear Wireless, Sony WI-1000X, Bowers &Wilkins P13, Bose Quiet Control 30, etc.
If you need to upgrade your audio experience during this lockdown, your run around the park, or during garden workouts, this pair of the neckband could boost your need.
Benefits of Behind the Neck Headphones
These types of headphones are generally available in two types; they can be put on the ear or in the ear.
Below are some of the general benefits of behind the neck headphones;
- In comparison with the other larger over or on-ear headphones, these neckband headphones will have no pressure on your head; this makes them comfortable and easy to wear for a more extended period.
- Lack of use of the ear cups, the headphones make your ears remain cool every time you are using them.
- Since they are designed in a way that they can rest around your neck when you are not using them, you can have their access more easily when you need to re-use them.
- Most of the neckband headphones are wireless Bluetooth connectivity enabled. You will have less worry about being tethered to your PC, and you can move away as compared to the conventional earbud; also, you will not worry about the wires getting tangled.
- It comes with a remote which is made to enable quick and easy access most of the time; it is appropriately put on or joined into the neckband.
- Behind the neck-headphones are made of longer battery life than the usual wireless headphones of the related level.
- The neck headphones that are of higher-end models are considered to be of high technology; this enhances its connectivity pairing with several devices; this makes it possible to send the notifications of any incoming calls or the messages.
Warning by Doctors On What Happens When You Put Headphones Too Long
Headphones are a great workout when you are relaxing; it can also be used to signal that annoying coworker that you are engaged. But then you should know that headphones can be unhealthy and dangerous. When you wear them for too long, they can lead to skin disorders such as acne, also damaging effects on hearing, which can lead to permanent hearing loss.
Below are some of the diverse effects of using headphones too often:
- The hearing ability may suffer-When you wear the headphones for too long or listen to the music with a loud volume; this can harm your hearing. When you put into consideration that complete throttled motorcycles and chainsaws produce an approximate of 100 decibels (units that quantity the intensity of a sound), which may harm your hearing in less than 30 minutes. When you are listening to music from earbuds at just 70% of the maximum volume, you are getting close to 85 decibels. The called noise-induced hearing loss(NIHL) is a widespread disorder that results from the use of headphones and earbuds. The condition can indeed be controlled when you take the precautionary measures. There is an established rule which you can follow, which is known as the 60/60 rule. This is where you listen for not more than 60% of the maximum volume, and no longer than 60 minutes at any time.
- You can have ear infection-the rule Numero Uno: states that you ought not to share headphones at any time. It will be one of the possible ways to transfer infections resulting from bacteria. If you are also acquiring a pair of headphones from anybody, ensure that you disinfect them before using them.
- You can develop VERTIGO –It is a condition that results in a feeling of imbalance. VERTIGO will become along with symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
The headphones and earbud use can be safe when you take essential precautions such as:
- Ensure that you buy and wear new headphones.
- Listening in less than 80 percent maximum volume for a period not exceeding 90 minutes every time.
- Avoid forcing the earbuds into your ear canal.
- Use the noise-canceling headphones.
How to Wear Behind the Neck Headphones
These are some of the steps to follow when you are wearing the headphones:
- The two earbuds should be labeled, either with letter L(left) or R(right). Have the headphones in a way that the R earbud is on the right side, and the L earbud is on the left side.
- Lift your headphones and place the earbuds over the head while ensuring that they rest on the right ear. Be sure that the cord sits behind your neck and head. Also that the cables fit at the back of your ears.
- Finally, you can adjust the earbuds to perfectly fit, and tighten the cables to attain a snug fit.
Behind the neck, headphones are usually very easy to wear, even if you are using them for the first time. The need for wearing them well cannot be taken for granted since those that correctly fitted will ensure that you will be comfortable if you are involved in physical activities. The behind neck headphones are designed to suit several activities, so ensure that you buy a pair that suits you. Notably, these are incredibly convenient for those who don’t like having the cables spread all over the place.
What Makes Around the Neck Headphones So Popular?
If you’re wondering why around the neck headphones are so popular these days, then here we’ve dredged out some of the considerable reasons.
They Ensure The Most Secure Grip: The style of around the neck headphones ensures your ear-buds stay in place and impart you the most stable headphone dangling experience. The base of it securely sits around your neck and from there the cable goes up to your ears. So, the cables remain close to you, and don’t confront any pressure of pulling out the ear-buds from your ears.
They Save You from the Hassle of Cable Tangling: Around the neck headphones come with no cable tangling issues as the attached cable usually remain stashed inside the neckband. Also, these kinds of headphones are made with no extra cable attached to them that may tangle.
They Allow Easy Control Over it: Around the neck headphones either connect to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, so with it, you can avoid the hassle of plugging in and out from your device. Just know the button (which button do what) and you’re good to go. Onwards, by just tapping the right buttons you can control your playlist, volume range, answering calls, and what not!
What Are the Types of Around the Neck Headphones?
As you hop in the mart to get your hands on a pair of around the neck headphone, you’ll find myriads of options over there. So, falling into a dilemma for which to pick and which to avoid is very obvious. So, before running your around the neck headphone errand, you should know the varieties of them to single out your preference. Essentially, these headphones are of two types considering the technology is used in them. –Bluetooth and wireless headphones.
Bluetooth Headphone: These headphones use radio waves to transfer and receive audio signals. Their connectivity range is up to 30 feet and these headphones are compatible with more or less all types of devices.
Wireless Headphone: These headphones use infrared waves along with radio waves to pass the audio signals. Their connectivity range is around 300 feet, but only connects to the devices of the same brand.
There is another distinction considering the style of headphones. They are – Earbuds with a compact neckband, earbuds with a foldable neckband, and a ear-free neckband. Let’s learn a little bit more about them –
Earbuds with a compact neckband: The exterior of these headphones is usually made of compact materials such as PVC. They will sit securely on your neck without moving. Also, these are break-proof and crack-proof so you have nothing to worry about no matter how many times it falls out of your hands.
Earbuds with a foldable neckband: The exterior of these headphones are made of pliable materials like silicon. These will also sling tightly on your neck but can move a little as you jump or run too fast. The benefit it comes with is, you can fold it and tuck it inside a case or in your pocket anytime anywhere, which you can’t do with a compact neckband.
You might want to read about Best Running Headphones In 2022
How to Comfortably Wear Yours Around the Neck Headphones?
Headphones can be one of your constant companions but you are tired of tangled wires. Have you already figured out that around the neck headphones are the best for your lifestyle? We could not agree more because whether in any physical work or a long run, in travel or even in daily activities, these around the neck headphones make your life more comfortable undoubtedly.
Wearing around the neck headphones is probably intuitive and even a first-time user can wear them easily but some tips can make wearing them more pleasant. Generally, these headphones have two different styles which are in-ear and on-ear. Whichever it is, you can follow the below steps:
- Always connect your headphones via Bluetooth before wearing them otherwise you have to look back at the buttons or try to connect without looking which can be annoying.
- Usually, these headphones have a pair of earbuds with the letters “L” for the left ear and “R” for the right ear. Hold the headphone in such a way that the earbuds are on your proper sides.
- Now take it over your head and place the earbuds on your appropriate ears while the wire rest on your neck behind your head and ears.
- Use both of your hands to fix the earbuds in your ears and do no jam too forcefully.
- Adjust the earbuds according to your ear sizes. Often these headphones come with different sizes of foam tips. If you are confused with the perfect size, go for the medium one because it’s made to suit most people.
- Do not forget to clean the earbuds properly after every use to protect them from your ear wax.
What Can You Do to Make Your Headphones Battery Last Longer?
Now as you are ready to use your around the neck headphones, be careful about one more thing. As you have to charge it from time to time, make sure the battery of your headphone lasts long enough. Here you can use some more tips.
- The most effective way of saving the battery is to disconnect your headphone whenever you are not using them. People even forget to turn it off after using it which can only make its use tougher.
- Always avoid overcharging your headphones. Overcharging lessens the efficiency of the battery quickly.
- Just like your phone has a charging routine, make the same routine for your headphones too. It reduces the chance of your forgetting it at all. You can also charge it at the same time when charging your phone.
- Even if you do not use your headphones for a long period, keep charging them from time to time. It will keep the battery optimized when it remains unused.
- For your regular list of music, try to use the local files of your phone. Connecting the headphone with Wi-Fi or even mobile data drains its battery more than usual.
- Using Equalizer while using your headphone is also a reason for faster battery drain. Good quality headphones provide good quality sound even without the Equalizer.
- Last but not the least, avoid putting your headphones in direct sunlight or extremely cold places which can damage the battery easily.
Hopefully, this article will help you use your around the neck headphone more efficiently and make your listening journey more satisfying. If you have already used it, you know how comfortable it is for regular use than a fully wired headphone. If you are thinking of using it, stop thinking, trust this article and go for it.