HyperX Cloud MIX Review
Before buying a HyperX Cloud MIX, you got to know whether it is a worthy purchase. The only way to know that is to get all the necessary information. There are some striking things that make them stand out. They include being stylish, producing excellent sound, comfort as well as versatility. They are great if you have to wear them for a long time. No wonder most the gamers and twitch streamers settle for them. The package includes a boom microphone, splitter, 3.5 mm extension, 3.5 mm cord, headset, and carrying bag. However, that’s just a summary of what they offer. We will be delving into a detailed discussion of HyperX Cloud Mix.
Check out this awesome: HyperX Cloud Stinger
One of the outstanding design aspects of the HyperX Cloud MIX is the HyperX logo. As a matter of fact, each earcup has one of that. Other than that, the earcups are evidently plain. Their material is hard plastic with a few portions of a material soft to touch. That simplicity is coupled with headbands that hardly show that they are gaming headphones. The headbands are fully swathed in leatherette. In addition to that, you will notice some aluminum yolks stemming from them.
The design also favors someone who keeps traveling. How? First of all, the mic, as well as the cable, are detachable. Also important is the fact that the HyperX Cloud MIX headset is compact and lightweight. It is a perfect combination of a wired gaming headset and a lightweight, portable Bluetooth. So, you get to use it no matter the change of the needs.
It has a braided cable, which happens to be reasonably short. You also get to control it easily thanks to its inline remove, which has a mute switch and volume control. Once you choose to go for the Bluetooth mode, the control is also perfect. That’s because you find power as well as volume controls on the right earcup. The left earcup harbors the playback button.
Its flexibility is also impressive. On one side, its mic has a flexible arm, which leaves you at liberty to put it anywhere you deem fit. On the other hand, you can also bend or twist the headband. Consequently, you get to wear it regardless of the size of your head.
Last but not least, it is comfortable as a result of its lightweight and headband cushion.
- HyperX Cloud MIX has a number of outstanding features. They include the following.
- It uses the Bluetooth wireless technology hence perfect for anyone traveling
- Thanks to being a wired headset as well, it is usually perfect for gaming. The fact that it has earned the certification of Hi-Res audio speaks volume about the quality
- Its frequency range is from 10Hz to 40Hz to offer you a clear and crisp sound
- Comfort is guaranteed hence perfect to wear if you have to do so for long periods. That’s thanks to the softness, dense memory foam, and pliable leatherette.
- A built-in mic for audio
- A detachable boom mic for gaming, Mumble, and Skype
- East to access onboard controls on its detachable braided cable or earcups, depending on the model that you are using.
- Its wide compatibility is also impressive. You can use it with any Bluetooth enabled device or those with a 3.5 mm port. They include VR devices, Nintendo Switch, Mobile phones, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, and PCs.
- Another one is the HyperX dual chamber drivers hence no distortion. After all, they usually separate bass frequencies from the highs to the mids.
- Durable because of the robust aluminum frame.
You will be impressed by the performance of the HyperX Cloud MIX. For instance, its microphone captures the speech excellently. The interesting part is the fact that you don’t have to adjust the boom or your computer’s settings much to achieve that. However, it is important to note that the microphone doesn’t work well when in the Bluetooth mode.
Its gaming experience is another plus. It allows you to play perfectly, especially on the PlayStation 4. It will not disappoint. For example, when playing the Apex Legends, the voice chat and the dialogue remains crisp. For games with explosions or punches, the case is no different. Soundtracks are also not left out either. At the same time, the sounds of the guns are distinct as well as punchy. Despite the lack of built-in simulated sound, the headphones have a sense of direction as far as various sounds are concerned.
The music performance is also great. The clarity of the audio will impress any music lover. The good thing is that it remains constant whether you go for wired or Bluetooth mode. There is no distortion, no matter how high the volume levels go. It has a fantastic force, and the frequency response is usually slow.
- You can choose to settle for a wired or Bluetooth connection
- The comfort is at another level
- Its battery life is long
- An amazing codec support
- An all-rounder that never disappoints
- Great sound quality
- A clear boom microphone during wired connection
- Relatively expensive
- Lack of game to party audio balance feature
- Doesn’t come with a USB sound card
- Expect no boom microphone when in Bluetooth mode
The bottom line is that the HyperX Cloud MIX brings in a rare versatility. That’s because you can be in a position to use it as a wired gaming headset. At the same time, you can use it as Bluetooth headphones. The two allow it to be good for music as well as gaming, depending on the mode that you settle for. Its microphone will also not disappoint. Despite being relatively expensive, one must agree that it is worth every penny. So, do not hesitate to go for it if you are looking for an amazing gaming headset. However, make sure that you weigh the pros and cons before deciding on whether to buy them.